Wow! What a big day for my blog. This is my 200th post! I'm not going to be doing much of anything special, though. Also, according to my ticker on the side of my blog, there are officially less than 100 days until Brettley is due to enter this world.
Yesterday we read How The Grinch Stole Christmas together. The boys sat so well through the entire thing, I was really impressed. I also read Cat in the Hat to them since Caleb saw that story when I was opening up to our Christmas one and wanted to hear both. Have you ever noticed how your mouth almost seems exhausted after reading 2 Dr Seuss stories in a row?
Last night was date night in our house since Saturday is Christmas Day. John and I played Lord of the Rings Monopoly (and I totally beat him) and ate strawberry rhubarb pie. Lots of casual fun:) I'm glad that we made sure to do our date night this week even though the weekend is booked up.
Today we are playing a board game together and drinking hot chocolate. This will have to be done during the morning since I have to fast during the afternoon to do my glucose screening at 5:20, which means I will be gone until 6:30 at the earliest. I'll definitely be bringing a book with me.
Today also happens to be Attitude of Gratitude day, so here we go:
1) I am grateful for an amazing man who was born in the humblest of circumstances, lived as a perfect example, suffered pain so great as he took upon himself our sins, infirmities, afflictions and more that he bled from every pore, went through the perfected (oh yes, the Romans had pretty much perfected it) painful death of crucifixion and rose again from death on the third day. How can you not be grateful for such a man at any time?
2) I am grateful that I've gained more perspective and am learning to stop wishing my life away. John and I were talking about this yesterday and we realized just how much of our time we spend wishing it away. It's sad, really.
3) I am grateful for this Christmas season, where everything seems to radiate a spirit of festive cheer and people tend to treat each other a lot better than they do the rest of the year. Christmas time always seems to have a magical feel to it, and I love it. I have a carol I listen to by Anne Murray and my favourite line from it is "Thank goodness this season will never grow old". That's how I feel. It hasn't mattered yet how old I am, this season is still so special each and every year.
2 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS:) :)
2 comments:
Merry Christmas Bly Family!!! Hope its a great one! and Happy 200th posts! Hope you have a great couple of days and a wonderful new year! love you!
hey, Congrates on 200 and on less then 100!!!!! I really enjoyed your attitude for gratitude today. I bought a book you may think is a good read called the happiness project. I bought it for same reasons you mentioned above I wish my life away time to make these wishes come true. Merry Christmas to all the bly's
Post a Comment