The boys got some great presents yesterday. Caleb got some art supplies, a hunting jacket, hat and mitts and a kids digital camera, among other stuff. Ty got some Caillou books, a hunting jacket, a Thomas that follows a flashlight and a kids mp3 stereo. John got some stuff for Magic and painting miniatures and a few other things. I got a nice purple themed Pandora charm bracelet, some slip on boots and a pasta maker. Our big gift wasn't in yet, so we'll get it the next time that we see Mum, but we're getting an upright carpet cleaner. Plus, we still have our stockings from her to open on Christmas morning, and the stockings in my family are definitely the best of all of the gifts.
We had a really good meal. I put bacon in with the stuffing and it turned out amazing! The funeral potatoes were really good too, my step-dad liked them the best. However, we were all so full from dinner than none of us had room for dessert before they left. The boys and I tried some apple berry cobbler before bed though, and it was super yummy.
Caleb's pink eye is so much better and thankfully no longer contagious, so he can go to church today:) There's no goop and it doesn't look swollen at all, even though I'm pretty sure that most of the swelling came from him rubbing it so much anyway.
This evening we're doing our dinner and presents with my dad. I'm not going all out again for this one. My dad is happy just to come and have a meal with the kids, which makes my life easy. We're having a lasagna, garlic bread and caesar salad (I think that may be Caleb's favourite food). I know what the boys are getting from my dad because I picked all of it out, but it will still be exciting to see them open it all. John and I already have our present from my dad. My pots and pans were falling apart a few months ago, so we got it early. He gave us a brand new set of way better quality pots and pans.
Well, I guess that's about all for now, except for our biggest news of all:) My brother proposed to his girlfriend yesterday and she said yes! I am so excited for them. She is awesome and I'm very lucky and happy to be getting her as my sister-in-law.
6 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS:)
1 comment:
What a fun few days you all have had. I hope Christmas continues to be so good for you.
Post a Comment