Last night I read 'The Night Before Christmas' to the boys. When we read Polar Express it was Ty that was really into sitting down and listening to the story, but not yesterday. Caleb, however, sat through the whole thing and gave lots of smiles. Also, at some point yesterday I managed to sprain my wrist somehow. I'm still not sure exactly how I did it, but it's definitely aching today. I'd planned on doing lots more cleaning today, but my wrist has other ideas. So I've been doing a fat load of nothing. Well, that's not entirely true. I did manage to get the downstairs bathroom totally scrubbed down before my wrist told me to knock it off. I also got the dishwasher unloaded, most of the dirty dishes put into it and made gifts for the sisters that I visit teach.
Our activity for tonight is to assemble a gingerbread house, take pictures of it and then each sample a piece. That should be interesting. Last year it was just Caleb and I putting it together. I applied the icing and he applied/ate the candies. I'm not artistically talented, so our gingerbread houses are never much to look at, but they always taste great, which is the part that the kids will care about the most.
I'm also trying to think of cheap ways to decorate my house in the new year, so if you have any tips, please let me know.
12 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS:)
No comments:
Post a Comment