Thursday, December 30, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude Day

I almost didn't remember to do this today, since we spent most of the day on the road.

Christmas was good. We spent it with John's family. The boys really seemed to enjoy it, except for Caleb puking on Sunday night.

Anyway, I'd love to do a full Christmas update, but I just want to do the Attitude of Gratitude for today and then in a few days I'll probably write about Christmas.

1) I am grateful that we made it home safely today. We saw a few accidents in Calgary (one looked quite bad) and I'm so thankful that we weren't part of any of them. I'm also glad that I remembered to pray for a safe trip home. I always feel better after we've prayed to travel safely.

2) I am grateful for a man that I feel is the best father-in-law in the world. He's always there for me and helps me to keep my cool when my anxiety level is shooting through the roof. I really REALLY lucked out in the father-in-law department.

3) I am grateful for the book that John gave me for Christmas. It's 'Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy: A Woman's Guide to a Better Life' by Merrilee Boyack. I have 2 other books that she's written (Strangling Your Husband is NOT an Option: A Practical Guide to Dramatically Improving Your Marriage and The Parenting Breakthrough: A Real-Life Plan to Teach Your Kids to Work, Save Money, and Be Truly Independent) and I love them. I love how down to earth she sounds and that she doesn't make herself out to be perfect or anywhere close to it. I'm about 2/3 done this new book and it's been great. I'm so thankful that John bought it for me.

No comments: