Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 28 & The Plan

Day 28 - A Song That Makes You Feel Guilty
With Arms Wide Open by Creed

Sometimes I feel that going into starting a family with both parents suffering from mental illness that we have condemned our children because the odds are a lot higher that they will suffer from some form of it as well. This song kind of reminds me of that ("If I had just one wish, only one demand, I hope he's not like me, I hope he understands that he can take his life and hold it by the hand and he can greet the world with arms wide open"). I LOVE this song, even if it does occasionally make me feel a bit guilty.

***

John and I had a good talk last night about exercising. We decided to scale it back and build up to it. Let's face it. I am overweight and horribly out of shape. Trying to run makes me almost puke right now because my body isn't ready to take that step. So we decided that every week day I will use the WiiFit Plus during the day and then go for a 30 minute brisk walk every evening to get used to exercising again and to doing so in the outdoors. Once that becomes easy then I'll start adding in the running part. If I just trying and go full guns with running right now I'll hate every second of it and never want to do it. If I help prepare my body more to handle it, then it won't be such a shock to my body and I'll be able to enjoy it more.

John went and did the walk through for the old place last night. It sounds like we should get a fair chunk of our deposit back, which is nice. We are very happy to be done with the place and just moving forward now.

Today is going to be another lazy movies day as Caleb still has a fever from his shots. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing by having them immunized, but I'd rather this than them getting really sick and dying or something because I didn't have them immunized. So many people are going without immunizing their kids now that I feel these things are going to start popping back up. I'd rather know that I'm doing my best to protect my kids.

No comments: