Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 On Tuesday

I was challenged to write a letter to my future self after writing a letter to my 18 year old self. I am planning to do it, I'm just still pondering on what to say.

I've had some fun/interesting realizations lately, so I will include them in my 10 On Tuesday.

1) We will most likely have 3 missions in our family that will be back to back. Almost 6 straight years of our children serving the Lord full-time.

2) We will have boys in Young Mens for 11 years straight. I think we're going to be pro at helping to achieve the Duty to God award.

3) This Father's Day will be exactly 7 years since I was baptized and have spend over 4.5 of those years serving in Primary and maybe 4 months of it serving in Relief Society.

4) My little Caleb will be starting Kindergarten in 3 months. We'll need to start making note of healthy snacks that he likes. I don't get to buy him school supplies this year:( So instead we're going to buy him a few supplies for doing his homework with and make a homework box.

5) I am going to hit 300 blog posts in the next few months. I should decide now what I'm going to use as a giveaway for that mark.

6) My allergies this spring have been far worse than they've ever been before. I hear that's a common phrase this year. It doesn't help my eyes itch less to know that, though.

7) I LOVE Old Navy. I would spend a fortune there if I had it. Caleb already has several items from there. I buy him shirts when they go on a good sale. My favourite one we've bought him from there so far is a shirt with an arrow pointing up and it says "TOTALLY AWESOME". Had to buy it because I had taught him forever ago to say "My name is Caleb and I'm totally awesome".

8) I am trying to figure out a good support system right now to help me to lose weight. Also, some good exercise ideas. I love my Wii Fit Plus, but I'd like to do something different once in a while. I keep toying with the idea of training myself to run, but can't seem to make myself actually do anything about it. Any suggestions for support or exercise?

9) I started rewatching all of the Harry Potter movies. We're on Prisoner of Azkaban right now, or as Caleb calls it "the one where the aunt blows up like a balloon". We got through most of it yesterday, but had to stop for something and just never finished it. I have a hard time getting through Azkaban. I want to smack Alfonso Cuaron (the director) upside the head every time I watch it. Looking forward to Goblet of Fire next, though:)

10) Brettley has slept through the night 3 times now. My teeny tiny baby is slowly growing up. However, I'm sure that John is very grateful for the nights that he sleeps through.

No comments: