Day 20 - A Song That You Listen To When You're Angry
Falling Away From Me by Korn AND Counterfeit by Limp Bizkit
I had the links set up for these and then decided against it. It's angry heavy 90s music and the Korn video is speaking out about a difficult issue (child abuse), so I figured that I'm probably one the very few on here who would like either of these songs anyway.
***
We had a really good weekend. I went out with some friends for a movie night on Friday. Finally watched Tangled and it was really cute. On Saturday John and I went out for a date while one of the young women from our ward babysat the boys. She's the only person who is neither family nor an adult that I'd trust to babysit Brettley. John and I saw Pirates 4 in 3D. The 3D was a lot better than The Last Airbender, but we have agreed that we haven't really liked any Pirates movies other than the first one. This one was still better than the 2nd and 3rd, though, but Jack Sparrow wasn't as out to lunch in this one, which we sorely missed. It was SO nice to have a date night out of the house, though.
Yesterday we substituted in Sunbeams, which was interesting. There were 3 kids in there and they all had very fun and energetic personalities. John got cards and pictures and a Star Wars drawing book for Father's Day. I made garlic bread and homemade lasagna for supper, which we invited my dad over for. We had coconut creme pie and ice cream for dessert. It was all really good. We gave my dad a card and a gift bag of snacks he likes. I really enjoyed visiting with my dad after supper. Our relationship has changed a lot and I'm very happy about that.
Some fun news is that I plan on going on a trip down to Kalispell with a friend of mine in November. We're planning on going for a week, for Black Friday (eek). I would love to go back to Utah again, but I'm not sure when we'll get there. John couldn't do the drive again (we had to resort to energy drinks last year), so we need to save up the money to fly down and I don't think flying 5 people down to SLC is going to be the cheapest thing we've ever done. Plus, we're planning to replace our van next year. Anyway, back to the Kalispell thing, I'm very excited about it. It will be so much fun to do a trip with a friend, I've never done anything like this before (not for more than a night or two).
No comments:
Post a Comment