Sunday, June 5, 2011

Brettley's Blessing


















Truly, it deserves it's own post because he's so cute and special. Today my father-in-law blessed the baby that we were never supposed to be able to have. When we found out I have bipolar we should never have been able to have another kid. I even gave up hope for a bit. Then we got our answer. I still struggled hard to have him. It was a fight from the beginning of the pregnancy through to weeks after his birth. However, he is here, he is healthy and he is amazing. He is so loved. It was a short and sweet blessing. The part I remember the most was that Brettley would be a light when there is no other light. I hope that we can help teach him to be worthy of this, that he will shine virtuous in a world where virtue is rare and ridiculed. That he will develop a testimony that will strengthen him in the toughest of times and that he will know that his Heavenly Father and Savior should always come first in his life.

We love you so much Brettley and are so happy to have you as a member of our eternal family.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful boy and post. Love you lots!