I found out that a lot of people aren't sure of what to say to me about having another boy because they don't know how I feel about it. So here's the honest truth:
Yes, it hurts. After I found out I spent a few minutes in the bathroom right next to the u/s room bawling my eyes out. The little girl that I've been waiting on for over 6 years now will never come to me in this life (barring some huge miracle), because we are officially done after this. But then I remembered that this is about more than just me. I think I've mentioned this before that my husband has OCD. His doesn't manifest itself so much in the strict routines and organization, it's the obsessive thoughts that most people can shake out of their head that he can't, which in my opinion is a heck of a lot worse than the routines and stuff. When you combine this with trying to live a clean Christlike life it is VERY HARD. I don't envy John and I wish every day that I could take it away. That being said, I think that it's going to be a lot easier for John to never have a girl in this life. And if that's one of the things that I have to suck up and deal with to support him, then I'll do it with a smile on my face. I love him and he comes first before what I want.
So now I'm excited about having another boy. I don't have to buy as many clothes, just change up some seasonal stuff for the first couple of years. (However, I've still been buying some stuff because it's super cute and it's on clearance) I don't have to worry about how a girl would survive the 2 crazy boys that we already have. Finally, and here's the big sigh of relief, I will never have to deal with my daughter as she experiences psycho teenage girl hormones. I will just get 3 (hopefully) daughters-in-law who are already past that stage. I'm good with that. So yes, I am happily accepting congratulations. As long as no one tries to throw it in my face and laugh at me for not having a girl, I'm totally good.
We took a few days, but finally decided on a name for our new little man. After many near arguements, we chose Brettley Eoin Bly. Eoin is pronounced O-in and is the Irish form of John. Make fun of the name Brettley all you want, but I absolutely love it.
On Saturday we went to our ward's Halloween party in the morning. Caleb was Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales and Ty was a knight. They had lots of fun. They got some candy, played a couple of games and decorated some sugar cookies (which were amazing and I could definately tell they were the recipe that I use now that has cream cheese in it). That night John and I had our weekly date night. We had taco chips with sour cream and salsa and we organized Magic cards for our activity (his idea). Sound pretty boring, right? I LOVED it. I'm all about sorting things into categories and alphabetical order so I was entirely in my element. In fact, we kept on going last night because I'd enjoyed getting to do that and just having time to sit together and talk. So far we've done a date night every week since we committed to Project 52.
Not too much else is new right now, though. My boys just both have a nasty cough now and John has started doing lots of overtime. We're looking forward to spending a few nights in Magrath this weekend as we go to pick up the baby clothes we have stored there in my in-law's garage attic. Hope you have a great week:)
No comments:
Post a Comment