Thursday, November 25, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

I actually taught about this talk at Activity Days last night and was reminded of just how amazing it is. It might be my favourite talk. Anyway, here's my Attitude of Gratitude:

1) I am grateful for my dad and him helping us out with an unexpected financial setback. Some gasket thing went on our van last week and we had to have it replaced which I wasn't expecting to have to do only 4 months after we bought it. My dad calmed me down and reassured me that he would help us out. My relationship with him has changed a lot in the last year or so, and I'm grateful for that, too.

2) I am grateful to have a warm home to be in when it's cold outside. I could sit here and complain about the cold forever, because I'm definately not its biggest fan, but really, I am grateful that I have ways of staying warm through the cold months (warm house, vehicle that works, good winter clothes, etc). Plus, it motivates me more to make hot chocolate for the boys and I, because all 3 of us just love it.

3) I am grateful for a husband who is willing to help out so much. He cleaned while I was at Activity Days last night and often does this. He is more often than not the one to load and run the dishwasher. He changes at least half of the dirty diapers on our kids. But the biggest one, in my opinion, is that he has done almost every single night time feeding with both of our kids. Not many husbands would be willing to do that for a wife who doesn't leave the house to work, but mine has recognized that in our house it's a need and does it without complaining. I'm so blessed. I picked well:)

Happy American Thanksgiving today and hope you have a great weekend!!!

PS
Finally got one of these taken. Sorry it's not the best, Caleb (4) had to take it for me. 22 weeks 2 days in the photo.

No comments: