YOUR SIBLINGS AND PARENTS:
My dad, Henry (Matty), lives right here in Edmonton. He was a financial clerk for many years for the military. He retired from the military early in 2006 and now works as a civilian for the military in the health services dept (I think).
My brother, Kyle, lives in Calgary. He works for Indigo and is in the process of getting ready to move into more of a management position next year. He also attends school part time where he's working towards his Bachelor of Management (I think that's what it's called) and in spring 2009 he recieved his diploma in management studies from MacEwan. Kyle has been in a long term relationship with Danielle for over 5 years now, and we really love her. She is currently in her last year of Interior Design at Mount Royal and also has a management studies diploma from MacEwan from 2008.
My mum, Jo-Ann, lives in Wainwright. She was a supply tech in the military until 2001, when she retired to move back to Wainwright (and to Bob). She had a few jobs until she settled into the job as the main admin assistant in the Health Services dept on the military base as a civilian (the military must be a black hole, ha ha). My mum can do pretty much anything that's even remotely crafty and do it very well. I wish I had that skill:) Anyway, she live with my step-dad, Bob, who is the electrical shop foreman on base.
I also have a step-sister, Kirby, who is 6 months younger than me. She also lives in Wainwright and is working at a clothing store.
JOHN'S SIBLINGS AND PARENTS (I've shortened the town/city names to give them a bit of privacy)
John's parents live in M-town. Dad was the town adminstrator before I met him, but retired. He now serves on the town council. Mom was a registered nurse before she had John and now serves in the Family History Centre and volunteers at the school a lot as well. They love to travel.
John's oldest sister, Kathy, lives in PB. She is a reporter for a newspaper and loves travelling and especially taking her nieces and nephews to Disneyland.
Next is Debi, who lives in C-town. She works nights at 7-11. She and her husband, Delin, have 4 kids.
After John is Heather, who lives here in E-town. She stays at home and juggles taking her kids to school, dance and other classes. She and Mike have 6 kids.
Last is Amy, who lives next to Mom and Dad in M-town. She also stays at home and strives her best to be a wonderful homemaker (we think she does amazingly well). She and Ryan have 4 kids.
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
1) I am SO grateful for 2 wonderful girls who both finished their Faith in God award requirements last night at Activity Days. They are amazing and have worked so hard to get these awards. C and A are the kind of girls that make me love my calling and look forward to going to our meetings. Last night was C's last meeting. A has 2 more left to go. I will miss them lots, but I know that they will have a blast in Young Women.
2) I am grateful to learn that there are things in this world that bother me more than mice. One of those things being second-hand smoke residue making my kids and I sick. It's always nice to be reminded that I have my priorities a little straighter than I thought I did.
3) I am grateful for wonderful men and women have died and risked death to give me the freedom that I enjoy today.
Hope you have a great Remembrance Day and observe the 2 minutes of silence.
No comments:
Post a Comment