Thursday, November 4, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

I'm having a hard time being grateful today, which means I probably need to do this more than usual.

1) I'm grateful to have my dad living close to us and always willing to help out when we need it. The boys and I are staying at his place while John wages war against the whole 1 mouse that decided to take up residence in our home. I don't think I've ever explained the mouse thing on the blog before. I have a very nasty irrational fear of mice. I don't call it a phobia because seeing pictures and movies doesn't bother me (unless it's an infestation or something), but if there's a mouse in my house, I hightail it elsewhere. The few hours I had to spend in my house with the mouse yesterday were full of being paranoid and super nauseous.

2) I'm grateful that I'll be able to go to Magrath tomorrow for a couple of nights. I miss our family down there so much. I wish it could be a longer visit, but it's just a quick one to pick up all of the baby clothes that we have stored in my in-law's garage attic. (On a side note, I have the best father-in-law that there is. He is amazing and I'm always really grateful for him.)

3) I'm grateful for the strength that Heavenly Father gives me to get through times that I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get through on my own. I have been so blessed since making the choice to follow the Lord, and I am so thankful that I was introduced to this wonderful better way of living life. I've lived without the gospel and with it, and I can honestly say that a life without the gospel is definately not a life worth living once you've tasted both.

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep your fingers crossed for us that our little rodent friend meets his death very soon.

2 comments:

Alana said...

You guys should invest in some mice sonars. They plug into the wall and emit a high pitch sound that keeps the mice away. They help at my parents, who have had lots of mice problems since them live next to a farmer's field. They got them at Canadian tire. Or maybe it's a sign to leave Mission Glen (Jk)

Christal said...

Nikki I am so excited for you and I love the name you picked never heard it before but I love it!
{L} is seriously going to freak when she thinks she only has 3 brothers and thats bad enough for her {according to her lol} only to find out she has four more out there hee hee!
Boys are fun {girls are too but so much drama ;)} But all are blessings no matter what right! You are wonderful and such an example and have come so far your testimony is a rock and your family is what is most important! I love that you guys have date night every week no matter what it is that is awesome!!!
We love you hope you got rid of the mouse and have a great weekend!