Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 6

A SONG THAT MAKES YOU CRY (OR NEARLY) AND WHY

The first is From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Your's (written by Michael McLean). If you've ever heard it and know anything about me, there's no explaination necessary. If you're missing one of the other, here it goes. It's a song written for a birth mother to sing to the adoptive parents that she was placing her child with. I am not that birth mother, but I am A birth mother to the most beautiful girl in the world, L.

Another is I Was Not His Father, He Was Mine (also by Michael McLean). It's from Forgotten Carols and it always makes me think about how hard it would have been to know that you're raising the Son of God and that no matter what, you would never be better than this perfect child that you're raising. I can't imagine how inadequate Christ's mother and Joseph must have felt while they were bringing him up.

Yeah, so those are my big 2 songs. There are other ones that have ocassionally made me cry such as I Stand All Amazed, How Great Thou Art, The Reason by Hoobastank and others.

Have a great Sabbath Day!

No comments: