Monday, March 28, 2011

Brett's Big Weekend

We had a more eventful weekend than most of them. On Friday, Caleb and Ty decided to jump on the drawer from the bottom of Ty's dresser and bust it into pieces. The whole drawer is broken and definitely not repairable. One of Caleb's under the bed drawers is close to busted as well, so I decided that I had to bite the bullet and buy them a new dresser. So I asked my mum if she could pick it up the next day since they were going to IKEA anyway.

On Saturday, Brettley moved into his own room and his crib. I got the parts to put the dresser together for the boys and in the process of making it I managed to bust a decorative piece right in half. However, I didn't want to pay for yet another dresser, so John used some carpenter's glue and screwed something in to both sides of the break and it's holding good. On the note of moving Brettley into his crib, I know that there are some parents out there who prefer to have their kid room in with them for a long time. We aren't those parents, at all. Our room is OUR place. Brett has been in with us the longest and that was only because of how young he was. He adjusted very well to the switch. We feel "to each their own" when it comes to rooming in, this is just how we do things in our house.

Come to think of it, we're "to each their own" about a LOT of issues that tend to be seen as controversial: rooming in, nursing vs bottling, immunizations, circumcision, etc. We don't get nasty if someone does things differently than we do because we realize that each person is different and in different circumstances. Chances are that we know very little about the circumstances of each person.

Yesterday we got to take Brett to church for the first time. I was so nice to finally be able to show him to people. He handled it so well, except for spitting up on someone (oops!). Well, that's about all, but it was a lot more interesting than most of our weekends. Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

No comments: