Thursday, March 3, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude Day

I still don't have my latest pictures on the computer, but I figured that I should get this up on here before I completely forget about it.

1) I am so incredibly grateful that Brettley is so healthy and was able to come home with us yesterday. I'm thankful that the caffeine did its job and also that he did so well on his first night home. He is such a special little boy and I am SO grateful for him. It's so funny that for the last month or so before he was born I was in tears almost every day because I wasn't going to have a girl of my own in this life. As soon as he was born, that all disappeared and all I cared about was that he was healthy and he is so cute. I love him so much.

2) I am grateful that John was able to take off the rest of the week to be with us, plus an extra day for Brettley's first pediatrician appointment next week. Ty's a little more 'hands on' than I was thinking/hoping he'd be, so it's nice to have someone to help with Ty when I'm trying to feed Brett.

3) I am grateful that I'm still losing weight. I have been counting my calories every day (except I messed up one day when I was at the hospital and my food choices were greatly limited). I've also been exercising most days, which I have fallen in love with. Seriously, I really look forward to exercising every day. It makes me feel so great inside to be doing something about all of this weight. I have about 10 more pounds to go to hit my pre-pregnancy weight and then it will be getting rid of the medication weight I gained in the fall of 2009. I am very much on track with my plan to accomplish this and it feels wonderful.

So there you have this week's edition of Nikki's Attitude of Gratitude. I will try really hard to get some pictures up on here tomorrow, but I make no promises as I have a bunch of other stuff I'm trying to get done as well. So just in case I don't, then I hope you have an awesome weekend:)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am so glad you are doing so well.