On Tuesday Caleb went in with me for my prenatal appointment. He didn't get to last time and was crying when I came out because he'd wanted to go in, so I made sure that he did this time. We heard Brettley's heartbeat and Caleb told me that he likes how it sounds and he wants to hear it again. Then that afternoon John and I got half of the basement cleaned up and organized. It was a total wreck.
Yesterday morning Caleb had his appointment with the specialist for his tonsils. They're still staying in for a while because it's been a while since he was sick, I guess. It's kind of good though because now I don't have to worry about helping Caleb recover from surgery while I'm hugely pregnant or have a newborn. They want to see him again in the summer, however. They are more concerned about his adenoids and sleeping. I guess his adenoids are 50% larger than normal ones, so we need to monitor him once in a while and see if he is gasping for air at all during the middle of the night. We spent the afternoon working on more of the basement. It's about 2/3 done now.
Last night I had Activity Days. The girls had to bring a binder each and they decorated them. They will need to bring the binders to each meeting. It holds all of our schedules and progress charts and other fun stuff. They seemed to really enjoy it. After I got home Ty was partying in their room like he usually does and decided to hit Caleb in the eye with a toy hockey stick while Caleb was sleeping. Poor Caleb, he's got quite the black eye. The hockey sticks will be leaving.
Anyway, today is Thursday, which means it's Attitude of Gratitude day. So here we go:
1) I am grateful that the rest of my prenatal appointments for the duration of my pregnancy are late enough in the day that John won't need to use banked or vacation time, with the exception of 1 hour for one appointment.
2) I am grateful that my basement is getting so clean and organized before Brettley's born. I'm also grateful that John is getting the couches in the living room switched with the basement ones tonight, because the ones that are in the basement right now are a lot easier on my back.
3) I am grateful for my goals and how much better I feel when I accomplish them each day. It's always so nice to have things to work toward each day.
That's about all for now. Hope you have a great weekend!
1 comment:
gret attitude of gratitute, think one of your bests :D GOod on you for staying up with the challenges you put in front you as well
Post a Comment