Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just A Bit About Me

I stole the following from C's blog because it's been a long day and I just needed something to relax with.

I WANT: To learn to be happier
I HAVE: More than I recognize = The gospel, John, Caleb, Ty, Brettley (who wasn't supposed to even be able to happen), and so much more
I WISH: For too much, sometimes
I HATE: How good Satan is at his job
I MISS: My mum and my brother
I HEAR: My humidifier, my boys not sleeping like they should be and John shoveling
I WONDER: If John will make it to the grocery store and back without getting stuck
I REGRET: Not making John get the groceries last night (wouldn't send him out until Monday except we're almost out of TP)
I AM NOT: Who I was 7 years ago, in the slightest (For the record, today is 7 years to the day since I found out I was pregnant with L)
I DANCE: Not nearly as much as I should because I love it. Hoping that will change in April.
I SING: At church, at Activity Days and when I'm just having chill time with my music
I CRY: More than I'd like to
I AM NOT ALWAYS: Patient with my kids. I'm working hard on that one.
I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: Meals and cards
I WRITE: On my public blog and on Brettley's blog
I CONFUSE: John quite often, unintentionally
I NEED: I have what I need, I just need to be better at thinking that.
I SHOULD: Go and take a nice relaxing bath while John's at the grocery store
I START: My 25 weeks of goals this past week (Tuesday, to be exact)
I FINISH: My last pregnancy within the next few months. I'm trying to cherish it more. I'm not trying to be cold or unfeeling, but pregnancy and my body do not like each other and have been getting along less and less each time.

Questions about me:


Where were you born:
Digby, NS

How old will you be this year?
27

Nicknames:
Nikki, Nik, Mum/Mommy, Nico and Princess

Are you taller than your mother?
No, we're the same height

Do you cry often during movies?
Sure do

What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who act like they are superior to everyone else because they're LDS. This one really bugs me. I think the majority of people are trying to do the best with what they know and that they should be respected for that.

Favorite color:
I always say blue, but in all reality, there are lots of colours that I love.

Favorite foods:
Pomegranate, Almonds, Lasagna, McDonald's Cheeseburgers and Raman Noodles

Favorite beverage:
Booster Juice's Mango Hurricane Smoothie

Favorite cold cereal:
Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds and Cocoa Rice Krispies

Favorite Smells:
Vanilla, Lilacs, John's Velocity Cologne

Favorite time of day:
Whenever I have a few moments that don't require me to be on full alert.

What is your favorite game?
Apples to Apples, Skipbo and Lord of the Rings Monopoly

How many pillows do you sleep with?
1

Do you play an instrument:
Not anymore, but I want to learn to play the piano someday

What was the last movie you saw?
At home it was Eclipse. In the theatre it was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (and it STILL makes me mad that they put that scene in there)

What is your favorite article of clothing?
Nothing I can wear at the moment, ha ha. Um, probably my Transformers t-shirt. I'm looking forward to fitting it again by the end of the year.

What is your dream vacation?
I honestly don't know. I think I'd like to go to the UK, but I really think I'd enjoy a Hawaiian cruise more.

What do you love most?
Aside from the obvious gospel, husband and kids? Music. I love music so much.

What do you wish you could change?
Right now, I'm just working on changing myself to be an even better person

If you were an animal what would you be?
Probably a sloth, ha ha. I honestly have no idea.

What is your favorite "me- time" activity?
Listening to music (John doesn't like this because he has to buy me headphones every time that I blow a pair) and reading

What is one of your weaknesses?
My pessimism

What is your favorite birthday dinner?
If I could pick my perfect birthday dinner it would be chicken parmesan with some really good rice on the side, a virgin strawberry daiquiri and Oreo cheesecake from the Cheesecake Cafe for dessert

What is the emotion you feel the most?
Stress. I am a very stressed out person for some reason.

Do you consider yourself outgoing?
I don't, but I'd like to be better at it.

What are some of your talents?
Um, I can read stuff pretty fast. Is that a talent? Okay, when given the right supplies, I'm pretty good at organizing stuff. I'm quite good at planning things out in advance (John's time off of work for the year, Activity Days plans, vacations, monthly meal plans, the works).

What is a word or phrase you overuse?
Oh my gosh (I realized this when Ty started saying it all the time in his cute little 2 year old voice)

What was the hardest thing that happened to you this past year?
Having someone that I thought was a good friend shut me out of her life with no explanation at all

What is the best thing that happened to you this year?
Finding something that works for my bipolar, finding out we were pregnant with Brettley after thinking we wouldn't be able to have another and going to Utah/visiting Heidi & Nate (and Addie) and Erin

The best thing learned this past year?
That if people can't stand by me during my trials that they aren't worth the effort when I'm doing well

What is the thing that makes you happiest in your life right now?
The gospel, my husband and kids...If you want to get technical, I guess my vitamins are what make me happy, or enable me to be happy. But definitely the gospel and my family.

No comments: