Thursday, January 6, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

It's Attitude of Gratitude day, YAY:)

1) I am grateful that Caleb was willing to go downstairs and play quietly with his toys this morning so that I could sleep in. I haven't slept properly in months and my body really needed more rest time. He's such a good little kid, I'm very blessed to have him (and Ty as well, even though he's in his terrible 2s at the moment).

2) I am grateful that our PVR was having issues and helped me to finally do what I'd been talking about doing for months and cancel our cable. I wasn't keeping it for myself because I wasn't watching anything on TV anymore, it was more to help the kids have something to do when I don't feel well (which is a lot until April). However, Caleb has figured out how to work the TV and DVD player on his own in the last week, which is very helpful on mornings like this one. I'm very glad to have finally gotten rid of expensive cable and to be switching to Telus to get better internet service (and about the same service that we have already for the phone).

3) I am grateful that John is supportive of my goals that I plan on working into a routine in the next 25 weeks and then keeping. They aren't a new year's thing, they just came at the same time by coincidence. I'm just tired of always being frustrated with the state of cleanliness in my house and the emotional state I always seem to be in. I feel like in the last 5 years I've really lost my sense of who I am and have just become Sister Bly and Caleb and Ty's mom. So I came up with some goals to work on each week that will help me to take better care of myself and help me rediscover who I am as a person. It should be good. I'm so glad to have a husband who supports me in the things that I do. He's awesome and I love him:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good on you with the weekly goals, intrested in what they will be! Thanks for the encouragment on my blog as well means alot to know people are roputing for you