I'm doing my update a little early because I fell asleep on the couch a couple of times today and can't seem to fall asleep now because of it, even though I'm still really tired.
So the last few days in my house have been spent trying to catch up a bit on housework. I assign myself a few chores to do each day and some to John as well. We use www.cozi.com so that I can update John's to do list each day and he can check it from wherever on his iPhone. We also have the family calendar and shopping lists on there since I do the meal plan and make up the shopping lists, but he's the one who's actually out there buying the groceries. I wasn't sure I'd use it when I first signed up, but we both love it and it definitely suits our needs. I would highly recommend it.
Last night we had our weekly date night. I had planned on making Jell-o and playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii, but I was super tired and also got a bee in my bonnet about making nacho dip, so we made Epicure Cheese Nacho Dip (we love it) and John suggested watching M*A*S*H, so that's what we did. It wasn't anything super creative, but we both enjoyed it and that's what matters.
Today we had to get to church a little bit early so John could meet with a high councillor from the stake. We knew as soon as we got the phone call yesterday morning what it was about. John is our new ward financial clerk, taking over for our brother-in-law who was in the calling for 4 years. So we ended up at church for 6 hours today, me having such bad Braxton Hicks that I actually thought I was in premature labour at one point and my kids crying because they wanted to go home. John has talked to the bishopric and they are totally cool with him dropping the kids and I off at home right after church and then coming back to do tithing and what not. I think this will be a really good calling for him and am more than willing to support him in it. Now can someone please remind me of that every Sunday while he's at the church? :)
Our ward's Relief Society is start a Food Storage group that will meet once a month. I won't be up to going for the next 2 months, possibly 3, which I'm very sad about. But they handed around sheets today that had the website they are basing it off of and I checked it out. I'm really excited to learn more about it than I already do and to work towards building up our food storage. If you are curious, the website is foodstoragemadeeasy.net This month they are talking about Emergency Plans (Family Plan, Disaster Kit and Evacuation List) as well as Shelving For Your Food Storage.
I think that's really all that's new. My goal for this week to add to the 4 I'm already doing is to get changed for the day before noon. I know, it's shocking that I needed to make that a goal. However, when you're 31 weeks pregnant, in lots of pain and have no where to go during the day, it's easy to stay in PJs as long as possible. Hope you have a great week and I'll see you on Thursday:) Have a good one!
1 comment:
that's great he got a new calling - that's a biggie, but just think of the blessings from all the sacrafice that comes with it!
Also.. we have the epicure nacho dip.. I was really disappointed with it! I found it almost flavorless.. we followed the directions to a T - did you do something different? (I like the texture but not the flavor - I think I wanted more of the spicy theatre nacho chip dip flavor?)
Post a Comment