Thursday night my tub started leaking through my dining room ceiling. It completely ruined a craft I was working on from Relief Society. It was kind of the last straw. We're officially house hunting now. It's sad because we'll have to pull out our RRSP to make it happen, PLUS, there's pretty much no hope of getting a place in Caleb's school boundaries and even staying in the ward might be tricky (not that it's a huge issue, I'm cool with leaving the ward if it's to move to the right place for us).
On Friday we travelled down to Magrath. The boys did very well during the trip. We had a surprise birthday party for my youngest SIL (who is still older than me). It was a good weekend and I got to have a really good talk with my father-in-law. He is the best father-in-law that there is:)
Our trip home was far more eventful than the one down. Yesterday we got out of Magrath later than we'd hoped driving Dad's van (one of our brake drums or something needs to be fixed this week). We just had Ty and Brett, Caleb is staying with my in-laws for the week while my SIL's kids have their Easter break. We hit Calgary during rush hour (there's a lot to be said for avoiding Calgary while travelling between Magrath and Edmonton, I think). While we were stopped in traffic the car behind us was rear ended, and then they rear ended us. It was really my first accident. The van was fine (thank goodness, since it wasn't even ours), but we waited for the officer to show up anyway, just in case (also, to get the case number). It put us behind by quite a bit though. I have decided that we're officially going to avoid Calgary from now on if we have to travel through during rush hour. Of all the times we drive in Edmonton during rush hour and have never been in any kind of an accident, it ended up happening in Calgary. I'm just grateful that about 10 minutes before it happened I remembered that we hadn't prayed before we left Magrath so I prayed right then that we would get home safely. We did, and maybe it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't remembered to pray for that.
(I think Calgary drivers leave significantly less space between vehicles than we do in Edmonton, which is incredibly stupid if you ask me)
Anyway, we got home safe last night and were happy to be back in our own beds. Today Ty and I are going to clean the house and start cleaning the backyard. I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend and are enjoying the appearance the spring has FINALLY decided to make.
2 comments:
I was waiting for this blog - I had seen your comments on fb but figured you'd probably blog the story. Did you guys stay over in caglary that night? That sucks about being rear ended.. deerfoot rush hour is the worst place to be in all of Alberta i'm pretty sure! Glad everyone is a-o-k though, and glad to hear you guys had a great weekend in Magrath! It must have been a jinx on the bly's though as Michael's dad's truck was broken into at the Crossiron Mills Mall on Friday...he wasn't impressed at all (took his ipod, laptop, and camera, and joan's scriptures - which is the most tragic in my opinion).
Anyways, next stop, Magrath days right? (I forget, are you planning to be down south for that? We'll be there friday afternoon until the tuesday it sounds like..
We didn't stay in Calgary. We got in to Edmonton around 8 or 8:30, I can't remember which. Before 9, that's all I remember.
We'll for sure be there for Magrath Days. Probably will come on the Thursday or Friday and stay through till holiday Monday in August. We want to spend as much time there as we can this year.
Post a Comment