Friday, October 15, 2010

Thoughts and Admissions

I kind of stole this off of C's blog, but I need a pick-me-up at the moment because it's been a long day with cleaning and what not, so here goes:

1) What is your favourite day of the week and why?
It's probably Saturday because John is home from work and gets to spend the day with us. It's more relaxed than Sunday where I spend the majority of Sacrament Meeting fighting with my kids to behave in a remotely acceptable manner.

2) Recount an embarrassing moment.
When Caleb was about 2 or maybe not quite 2 we were in the checkout line at Safeway. He started pushing on my chest and yelling "SQUISHY". I was pretty mortified.

3) What was your favourite toy or game as a child?
I really liked Tinker Toys and I did go through a Barbie phase where I loved to come up with different outfits.

4) What does your name mean?
It's the female version of Nicholas and it means 'Victory of the People'. It's Greek.
For good measure, I'll do the other family names too.
John is Hebrew and means 'God is Gracious'.
Caleb is Hebrew and means 'Rage Like a Dog'.
Tyrell is English and means 'Stubborn'.

5) If you could have any occupation (and you had no limitations of obtaining that occupation), what would it be?
To be honest I don't have a desire to work outside of the home. Maybe a professional traveller, ha ha. Actually, I would love to teach full-time for CES.

6) What is your guilty pleasure?
Harry Potter Fan Fiction

7) If you could change anything about your appearance what would it be?
It used to be my chin, but now it's probably more the size of my tummy (pre-Perry) and the size of my chest. I'd like both to be a bit smaller.

8) If you could raise awareness about one topic (education, poverty, AIDS, etc) what would it be?
This is a tough one for me. I think as much as I love adoption and how wonderful it is, I'm going to have to pick mental illness. I mean to not just get people to admit that it exists, but to TRULY understand what it is and how it affects people. Because let's be honest here, if you don't live with it then you don't truly get it. In our house we understand a lot about OCD and Bipolar because that's what we live with, but there are so many people (us included) who don't understand why people do the things they do when they're living with mental illness and because we in the Bly house live with it we do understand how frustrating it can be when people just don't get it. (Just to be clear, I'm not at all intending to pick on anyone. It's just a topic I'm passionate about, especially after this last year.)
Of course, it would be best if more people understood what the Gospel is and what it can do for them. So can I at least pick 2? The Gospel and Mental Illness

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm going to order Ty's birthday cake tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have a Caillou one, that's his obsession at the moment.

No comments: