I still can't talk about the big adventure, but I'm still really excited about it and hopefully I'll have some news to share next week.
Something great happened yesterday. I actually managed to fast. I haven't done so for about a year now due to medication issues, but I figured that I would give it a try and see how it goes. I did fine all through the fast, but realized I might want to break my fast with a piece of toast about 30 minutes before I eat anything else. Too much at once doesn't make my tummy feel its best.
For Activity Days last week we made cards and crafts for our Mother's Day meeting next time. I ended up super frazzled because the other leader was helping one of our girls outside of the room for quite a long time and so I was trying to man two crafts (one of which was fairly messy and needed close supervision) by myself. However, I survived and the girls sounded like they had lots of fun, so it's all good.
Here is some exciting news that I CAN share. I'm going to be helping with the birthmothers committee for the FSA conference in July. FSA is Families Supporting Adoption. They are an organization sponsored by LDS Family Services which advocates a positive view of adoption and provides support to birth parents, adoptive families and all friends of adoption. The conference is going to be in Layton, UT and is the big push we had to finally make the trip down there. FSA has also put me in contact with a new friend who I think is just awesome:)
We are super excited about our trip to Utah. We got our passport applications in on Friday. I was so worried that something was going to be wrong with our photos or something, but the lady said that they were great and better than most photos. YAY! We are planning on heading down from Magrath to SLC on the 23rd and will head back to Canada on the 1st. We are both excited for it and John can always put a smile on my face now just by saying "Utah".
On Saturday, John and I went on a date for lunch. We were going to get sandwiches from Timmie's, but they were packed, so we ended up going to Red Robin instead. It's so nice to have some time to ourselves once in a while and I'm so grateful that my dad is willing to watch the boys for us when we need that time. The boys really enjoy their time with Grandpa Mattson, so it all works out.
That's about all for now, I guess. Hope you have a great week!
2 comments:
We are excited for your trip too!
I am so proud of you! Your feeling good you have a good calling and your a spokesperson how exciting which I was going to be there then but I'll be there the week before! Have so much fun! We love you!!!
Post a Comment