Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank you

Those of you that have been following my blog since the beginning probably know how nervous I am for this Sunday. I checked back to my posts about my last two Mothers Day experiences. They weren't as bad as I remember, actually. So maybe my positive thinking about this coming one will pay off and it will actually be good. Maybe? From what I understand from other birthmothers, their child's birthday is usually the hardest day of the year to deal with. It's not like that for me (I've even forgotten in the past that it was her birthday that day). My hard day is Mothers Day.

Don't mistake me. I do not regret my decision. I never have. But just because a decision is right doesn't mean that it comes completely without pain. But to be entirely truthful, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat for C & D.

Anyways, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank the 3 most important mothers in my life.

First, thank you to J, my husband's mom. Thank you for raising your son to be a wonderful man, for teaching him the importance of the gospel, of being worthy to hold the priesthood, of serving an honorable mission for the Lord. Thank you for going through his years of waiting for the right girl with him so that when I was old enough and ready that he would be waiting for me. (John is over 8 years older than me and was almost 29 when we met).

Second, thank you to my mum. She is one of the most amazing women in the world. Thank you for always trying to do what's best for Roo and I, even though I'm sure it wasn't always easy to do. Thank you for having enough love for us that we never really felt the lack of a father in our home. "You were my mom, you were my dad, the only thing I ever had was you". I love you, I love you, I love you, Mum! I know you love to tease me about how I've become so much like you, but it makes me proud when you say that because you're so wonderful.

And last one...Come on, C, you knew this was coming! Thank you for being such a wonderful person and an amazing mother. I'm so glad to have helped you have something to celebrate on Sunday and I would do it over again because I love you so much. You have become such an inspiration to me. I don't think you realize just how much your blog lifts me up. It's helped me so much to appreciate you as a person and not just as L's mom. You feel like a friend to me, and I love you!

And Happy Mothers Day to all of my fellow mothers out there.

Oh, and here are the full lyrics to the song I quoted in my thank you to my mum. I danced with her to this song at her wedding reception and mine as well.

Thank You Mom by Good Charlotte

Always, always and forever
Always, always and forever

I'm sitting here I'm thinking back to a time when I was young...
My memory is clear as day
I'm listening to the dishes clink, you were downstairs, you would sing
Songs of praise
And all the times we laughed with you, and all the times that you stayed true to us
Now we'll say...

I said I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you will know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That you're beautiful forever

Always, always and forever

You were my mom, you were my dad, the only thing I ever had was you, it's true
Even when the times got hard, you were there to let us know...that we'd get through
You showed me how to be a man, you taught me how to understand the things people do
You showed me how to love my God, you taught me that not everyone knows the truth

And I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you will know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That you will live forever

Forever and ever
Forever and ever

Said I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you will know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That I thank you, I'll always thank you
More than you will know, than I could ever show
And I love you, I'll always love you
There's nothing I won't do, to say these words to you
That you will live forever

1 comment:

Christal said...

Right back at you love you too! You are so amazing and THANK YOU THANK YOU thank YOU! Doesn't even begin to touch it. There aren't even words to describe the gratitude and appreciation and love we have for you and for Lauren and where we would be without our Lauren {Where would I be without her as my little ally in this house of boys lol}.
Lauren loves you too lately she has had lots of great questions about adoption and you and its been fun to talk about it again and again! {I was misinformed that the Sunday before mothers day was birth mothers day} but since its actually today.... Happy Mothers Day know we will be thinking of you all and thanking our Heavenly Father for the miracles and blessings that brought these babies into our home and family. You are an example to so many. Most of all Lauren.{{here is your big hug from me D and L!}} Thanks again you are so sweet.
{what a great song too! You mom is pretty amazing we think of her a lot too!}