Monday, May 31, 2010

End of May Already

I just spent a fair amount of time going back and deleting the majority of the comments left on my blog. It's nothing personal, it's just that I'm working towards having my blog made into a book for us to keep, so I'm trying to condense stuff. I did keep some of the comments that were more important to me, though.

I've been busy blogging this week, but none of you would know that, obviously. I've created two private blogs. One for just John and I, and one for just me. I find that it's a LOT easier for me to keep up with stuff on the computer than it is for me to keep up with a paper journal. In the private blogs I can be as open and honest as I want, which is good.

On Friday we had the Diaz family over for supper. It was fun. Then later that night I went to Jen's place and made some cards. It was SO nice to do that again. I have to admit, I'm still a bit gunshy when it comes to friends. It seems like every time I make a good friend, they go inactive or they move out of the ward (except for Amber). But I'm working on getting over that, and Jen is great.

I spent Saturday and Sunday with a super bad headache. It's doing a lot better today, though, so that's really nice.

Anyways, going through my past posts this morning, I realized I still haven't talked about my big adventure. I guess I'm in there enough now, that I can start talking about it. I'm getting into volunteering and helping with FSA. I've been answering questions for a website that's being created, I'm helping with a committee for the conference and there's some other stuff going on that I can't talk about yet, but it's been great. I love adoption!

On the note of adoption, I had to write the Coles Notes version of my adoption story yesterday. I sent it off, and was asked if it would be possible to take out the part where I said that the biggest deciding factor was the sealing covenant. It ended up being reworded, but not taken out. The reason is this, without the sealing covenant, there would have been no adoption story. L wouldn't exist, cause she wouldn't be called L, she would have been Collette (family name). C&D wouldn't have their precious girl, because I would have stuck to my selfishness and attempted to raise her myself. Just another reason why I'm so grateful for the sealing covenant, because it helped to strengthen 2 families instead of the weak one that would have been.

Today marks 53 days until we will arrive in Utah. I have the countdown on my calendar on the desk and I check it every day.

So basically, things are going good here. I'm in a far better place about the baby girl situation. I've been doing so much better with my personal prayers and scriptures lately, and I'm certain that's the reason why. I just love the gospel:)

No comments: