I totally shouldn't have been worried about Sunday. It was a great day:) It started with Saturday morning. We had decided the night before to go to Wainwright. So I rushed around on Saturday morning and packed while John took the boys to go get breakfast for the road from McDonald's. Cause he's awesome and knows how much I love Sausage and Egg McMuffins. We got on the road and travelled the 2 hours to Wainwright. I know sometimes I complain about being far from family, but I'm really blessed to live as close as I do to my mum where I can make a spur of the moment trip down there for the weekend. We bought Mum some flowers and a card and gave them to her. I think they made her really happy:)
That evening we went out for dinner, courtesy of a friend of our's. He gave us the money to go out on a date. Super nice of him! We went to Boston Pizza. John had Spicy Italian Penne and I had Chicken Parmesan with rice. We ordered our Chocolate Explosions to go cause there was no way that I could eat anymore at that point. We dropped out desserts off at Mum and Bob's and took a drive out to the tressel. It was really nice and peaceful out there. We sat and talked for a while. We even got to see a train cross the tressel shortly after we got there. It was a really nice date.
Sunday we had a wonderful breakfast of French toast, pancakes, dream whip, fruit salad, sausages and bacon. Mmm, bacon:) We didn't go to church because I'd woken up with a headache and Ty had the nastiest cough ever so we didn't want to spread his cold around the branch. John gave me a card and so did the boys. I spent time out in the yard with my mum talking to her while she worked in the garden. Caleb helped Grandpa Bob dig a hole. Then later on Caleb gave me a homemade coaster and a painted block with our family picture on it that my mum helped him to make. It was great:) We had ribs, corn on the cob and Mum's potato salad for supper. (For the record, my mum makes the best potato salad ever) We dug up some plants for me and came back home. It was a really nice day and I really enjoyed myself.
This morning our passports came, which made me super excited. The Utah trip keeps feeling more and more real by the day. I am so grateful that I'm going to be able to go down and visit with friends and to participate in the FSA conference. I am truly being blessed so much right now with this oppourtunity.
Oh, also, I no longer assist a class in the Primary, I'm back to just Activity Days. It was causing me too much stress, so I had to call that one quits. It's working out good for me, though, especially since Ty just started nursery the other week and he positively loathes it. Not too sure what to do about that since Caleb never had an issue with nursery at all.
So yeah, things are going good here. I've been feeling under the weather for the last week, but the boys are both sick, so I probably just have a bit of what they have. Caleb had tonsilitis for the 3rd time in 3 months, so I scheaduled a consult with my doctor in Wainwright for the end of June. Well, that's about all for now. Hope you're doing great:)
No comments:
Post a Comment