It has been 2 months since I started what was supposed to be 90 days of eating healthy and exercising regularly. I've missed a fair amount of exercising due to illness and what not, but I've rarely messed up on staying in my calorie range. Like I said, I started it only intending to endure the 90 days. However, with so much progress I've decided to make it permanent. When I eventually get to my goal weight I will adjust my calories to maintain the weight instead of losing. I have gone from 20-22 jeans to 16s. As of this morning I have officially lost 16.6 lbs in 2 months, which is 6.6 lbs more than I'd originally expected to have lost by this point. I have lost 26.6 lbs since my heaviest point in June. The very best part, though, is what it's done for my mood. If you have me on facebook then you've probably noticed the difference. Cynical and negative Nikki has been disappearing. I've been so much happier and positive. Life just feels great. Not manic great, just happy great (I did take a step back to evaluate that this morning). My house work has been getting tackled way more.
It has started to bug me when people act like you can't lose weight by just counting your calories and exercising when possible. They act like you need some miracle diet or something and that what I'm doing is so basic that it must not work. But it does. I use a free app to count my calories and use exercise equipment that I already had (WiiFit Plus, recumbant bike, glider), and have actually been spending less on groceries, so it's been saving me money. No costly shakes or special foods. No costly gym fees. If you have enough will power, this is the greatest way to lose the weight.
Anyway, I will be making a change in January to my exercise. I will be doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred every day that month, just to kick it up a bit. It's going to kick my butt, I fully accept that going in. In fact, I'm hoping for it. My goal by the end of the month is to lose 3.5 more pounds. Pretty sure I can manage that one. Also, just for the record, I'm 0.4 lbs from my pre-Ty weight!!!! So what started as a personal progress value project has become a life changing experience for me. I love it and have no intention of looking back. Life is great!
2 comments:
So happy to read this! The way you are doing it is a lifestyle change. It will be permanent. The recommended loss of weight per week to keep it off is 2 lbs, exactly what you have done! Great work! So happy to hear you are feeling so great. Post pictures, I am sure you look fantastic!
Yeah, I usually lose 1-2 lbs in a week. I will post a picture at the end of the 3 months :) I've had quite a few comments and compliments, though, so it's certainly noticeable.
Post a Comment