1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper for Christmas. Birthdays and everything else can be gift bags, but there's just something about wrapped presents under the tree that I love.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I'd like the smell of real, but not the short life or clean up, so we're all about the pre-lit artificial ones.
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to wait until the first week in December, I usually fail and it goes up shortly after Remembrance Day. I made it to December 1st this year, though.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on or around January 8th so that it's up for Ukrainian Christmas.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? I love the light stuff, but won't be having much this year as it's very high in calories.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm, Tinker Toys always seem to stand out to me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, every single year.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Caleb, he's always the easiest.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my mother in law got me 3 parts to the Willow Tree set and I love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I usually mail them all, but I only mailed a small amount this year. I love getting them in any form, though.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing is really standing out, except maybe Caleb puking all over the place last year and having a disorder relapse...Wasn't the best gift, ha ha.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Forgotten Carols, all the way.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually October, but have started in September a time or two. I'm usually done by December 1st. I just have John's stocking left to do right now.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I remember
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas and favorite Christmas dessert? Stuffing, stuffing and stuffing. I also greatly miss doing the appetizer dinner at my mum's house on Christmas Eve. My favourite Christmas 'treat' is Almond Roca.
16. Lights on the tree? How can you have a tree without lights? I like the coloured ones while I have kids at home, but will probably switch over to clear many years down the road.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have several and none are traditional. Christmas Carroll, Christmas Candy...Mary, Did You Know?...Breath Of Heaven...Old City Bar...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This will be our last year of travelling. We are very much looking forward to doing Christmas in our own home after this year.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Sure can
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel because that's what I grew up with.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually do pajamas on Christmas Eve night and the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Having people dictate the kind of festive greeting that I'm allowed to give. You wish me what you celebrate and I'll wish you a Happy Christmas because that's what I celebrate. How difficult is that?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'd love to eventually do teal, red and silver or something like that.
24. Handmade ornaments or store bought? I like both.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I just want my in-laws to like what we're giving them. I put a lot of thought into it and I'm very excited about it. As long as we all enjoy the day and remember our Savior, then I'm good.
************
We have done 2 advent days in December so far. On the 1st, we put up and decorated the tree. Yesterday we made 2 different kinds of chocolate covered cookie balls. Today the kids are writing letters to Santa.
I knew the weight I'd gained yesterday was water weight...I have now officially broke my pre-Ty pregnancy weight!!! I have 3 more pounds to lose by the end of December to reach my goal. I'm hoping to do that by the 16th instead, but we'll see how it plays out.
No comments:
Post a Comment