I just registered Caleb for Kindergarten this morning. Is he really that old? Am I? I was talking to John about this the other day. Most of the time, when I'm not feeling like a sickly 80 year old, I feel like I'm only 19 or 20 still instead of 26 (which still isn't old but is in the late 20s, regardless). I don't feel like I'm in a ma'am instead of miss stage yet, but I guess I am. Anyway, Caleb is VERY excited to go to school this fall. He has been asking to go since he was 2 and figured out there was such a thing as school. As much as I will miss him for the first while, I'm looking forward to it as well. It will be nice to have a slight breather for a few hours every morning and I'm excited for him to be able to focus more on learning. He does well at home, but I just don't have the drive and what not to keep him focused on it for more than 20 or 30 minutes a day. The only thing I want to finish working on with him before he goes in September is to be able to write his name. He can spell it and knows what the letters look like, he's just having issues with his coordination and making it work on paper. Also, his red/green colour deficiency seems to be only mild, so I'm hoping it won't be a big deal for him in school.
As for Brettley, he is eating more from the bottle now. I guess he took all of his feeds during the night from the bottle. The nurse told us last night that as soon as he feeds from the bottle for all of his meals well that he can come home. YAHOO! It's so nice to kind of have an end in sight now. He was about 4 lbs 11 oz last night, so he just has 5 oz to go before he can go in his car seat that I got for him yesterday.
Well, that's about all for today. Have a good one!
2 comments:
I just wanted you to know that i've been faithfully reading your blog, but don't always comment. I'm very excited about the progress with Brettley :) and I'm very excited for Caleb too! Is that the prereqs for kindergarden? well.. I say prereq, but im just curious if that is a standard knowledge base for a kindergardener - being able to spell his name?
So pleased for Brettly, and Nik Im 26 with 2 in school so please don't feel old LOL.
Caleb learnt to write his name is school never knew it was arequirment is it?
Post a Comment