Wow, it's Thursday already! Actually, to be honest, I kept thinking that yesterday was Thursday. It was confusing me all day. Here we go with our weekly routine.
1) I am grateful that my little B man is doing so well. His feeding tube is out, he's over 4 lbs 12 oz (2160 g) now and is doing demand feeding. It sounds like he's just about ready to come home, so we're hoping for next weekend. He has been doing so well and we are so grateful that he stayed in as long as he did, that he was as ready as he was and that he had a wonderful place to be to work on the things that he had left to work on. We have been so blessed through this.
2) I am grateful that I've started exercising and I'm continuing to lose weight. Let's be real, I wasn't exactly small when I got pregnant with Brettley. I had gained a lot of weight the previous fall when I was on medication and never really lost the weight after that. But I'm sure doing great now. We are using Lose It again (calorie counter). It works really well for us, so why give up a good thing. I'm also doing steps on my Wii Fit board right now. It feels great to feel healthier.
3) I am grateful for my parents who have been so wonderful through the past couple of weeks. They have dropped things in an instant without any hesitation to be with me when I needed them. They have bought things for Brett that we didn't expect we'd need without really batting an eyelash at it. It is such a blessing to have such a supportive family.
So there you go. Maybe some day my Attitude of Gratitudes won't be totally centered around Brettley, but right now it's kind of my life.
Last night we did an infant's First Aid and CPR course at the hospital. It was mostly review for me as I'd taken it 6 years ago when I worked in day care, but it was great to be reminded of what is to be done. I don't feel scared after taking it this time, I feel more ready for Brett to come home.
Also, because a couple of people have asked about it, being able to write their own name is not a prereq for kindergarten. It's just something that I personally would like him to have accomplished, if possible. Well, that's about all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment