1) I am SO grateful for the fact that my beautiful little preemie is doing as well as he is and for the staff and technology that are helping him to do so well. His IV came out during the night and his only problem is a little bit of spitting up, which happens in babies born at any age. This last week has strengthened my testimony of Heavenly Father and miracles so much. I don't think you could go through something like this and not believe.
2) I am grateful that my mum has been here to help take me to see Brett when John was sick and to help with my kids and chores around the house. Also, just to be there for emotional support. She is such a giving person and I'm so lucky to have her as my mommy.
3) I am grateful for my brother and future sister-in-law. When they got the phone call saying that I'd had the baby they dropped everything (school, work, etc) and were on the road within the hour to drive 3 1/2 hours and spend the weekend up here to be with me. I have family who still haven't congratulated me or called me to even see how Brett's doing, but to have a brother who just dropped everything like that to be with me meant the world to me. He's definitely the best brother.
So I guess I gave our update in #1. Brett's doing well and really working hard on his 'jobs' as his nurse, Alison, called them. The boys are enjoying having Grandma here. I feel good most of the time, although I still have my moments where I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread, but I'm sure that's normal. Anyway, unless something really big happens over the weekend, I'll post the next update on Monday, like normal. Have a great weekend.
3) I am grateful for my brother and future sister-in-law. When they got the phone call saying that I'd had the baby they dropped everything (school, work, etc) and were on the road within the hour to drive 3 1/2 hours and spend the weekend up here to be with me. I have family who still haven't congratulated me or called me to even see how Brett's doing, but to have a brother who just dropped everything like that to be with me meant the world to me. He's definitely the best brother.
So I guess I gave our update in #1. Brett's doing well and really working hard on his 'jobs' as his nurse, Alison, called them. The boys are enjoying having Grandma here. I feel good most of the time, although I still have my moments where I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread, but I'm sure that's normal. Anyway, unless something really big happens over the weekend, I'll post the next update on Monday, like normal. Have a great weekend.
1 comment:
Nik your such an inspiration! Im so pleased all is going so well and your mom and brother have always been there for you there such an amazing family. Love to you and Brett and the rest of the family
Post a Comment