Thursday, February 5, 2015

Our January 2015


So the first Sunday in January had Brettley leaving nursery and starting Sunbeams in Primary. Caleb left Junior Primary behind and started Senior Primary. Brettley's milestones are slowly starting to become bittersweet for me. That in itself is hard for me, because in the past I've always been a mum who enjoys when their child moves on to new adventures and isn't sad about them leaving anything behind. It feels really weird for me. That day we also went back to  9 am church, which reintroduced the Sunday afternoon naps (yay!).

I also started doing a lot of research about Sensory Processing Disorder. I noticed a few things about Ty (and Caleb as well, if I'm being honest) and thought I'd check into it. They both have quite a few traits from it, so I found a LOT of information about. It has been an amazing learning experience. Also, the BEST book I've found for it so far for our particular circumstance is The Sensory Child Gets Organized (I even linked it for you). I linked it to Indigo because I feel an obligation to support the company that my brother works for (he manages the Indigospirit T.D. Square in Calgary).

My brother's father-in-law was very generous and brought my mum, stepdad and myself to an Oilers game this month. They were playing Chicago and we won and it was great! It was the first came I'd been to since 1997 when they were in the playoffs, so I was really excited to go.



I managed to reinjure my back again and for once it wasn't because I did something I shouldn't have been doing. It was (how to put this lightly...) Caleb related. I ended up having to go for a couple of massages because I was in a lot of pain (I was medicating every 3 hours and still was hurting so bad that I wanted to puke). I'm pretty much better now, but still taking it (relatively) easy.

John decided to introduce me to Gilmore Girls one night when we were looking for something to watch on Netflix. I. AM. HOOKED!

Caleb's class had an in-class field trip about Rocks and Minerals that I helped out with. I got to show the kids actual obsidian, so they were all obsessed with it. (Thank you Minecraft for making rocks and minerals more interesting to young kids)

And then I chopped my hair off again. I had been waffling on it for months. I have thick, naturally wavy hair. And here is why I hate it when people tell me that I'm lucky to have it...It's heavy, so it gives me headaches unless I have it thinned every week or two. It's horribly awkward to grow out. It looks awful when it's anything but short unless I actually DO my hair. I am a VERY low maintenance girl when it comes to my hair. So when I hurt my back again I knew that I wouldn't be able to straighten it again for months and chopped it off. I also got the purple temporary colour I mentioned the last post to occasionally put in my bangs. I'm really glad that I decided to cut it short again.

So, that was pretty much our January. I had to take allergy meds a few times thanks to all of the snow melting and exposing the snow mold (blah). Sorry there aren't more pictures. I really need to get better about taking pictures...Anyway, next week's post will be on Wednesday. Actually, there will be 2 because it's also Brett's birthday that day. But I'll be gone on Thursday, so that's not really an option. Have a good one :)

No comments: