Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday, Brettley

4 years ago I woke up early to something very terrifying. I was 33 weeks pregnant and bleeding. 2 hours and 18 minutes after that scary wake up call, a beautiful tiny boy was born. Brettley was 4 lbs and 14 oz. He was tiny and terrifying. It took me forever to work up the courage to even hold him. He was our third boy, but it was like being a first time mother all over again (that really hasn't changed, when I stop and think about it). Our little boy is such a trooper. He spent a few weeks after his birth in the NICU, he spent his first few years with developmental delays and he is still working on his strabismus. And, it has to be said, he survives being the younger brother of Caleb and Ty.

Brettley loves trains, cars and anything boyish. He LOVES to eat. It's incredibly rare to find a food he won't eat, I can only ever think of one off the top of my head. His favourite colour is red. He is still on the short side, but he has a big personality. He has come so far in his 4 years and it is an honour to be his mother.


No comments: