Sunday, June 17, 2012

A New Calling (Again)

Today was probably the most emotional day I've ever seen at church. Our entire Young Women leadership was redone and many of our old leadership will be going on to callings in other auxiliaries. I am very happy, humbled and grateful to have been called as the 2nd counselor in the new YW presidency. I will be the only leader going to all of camp. Our outgoing and incoming presidents are switching off as the other leader. I'm so excited to be going to camp and to get to know the girls better. I've only ever been to 1 night of YW camp, when I was visiting with friends in Utah, so I was overjoyed when I found out that I get to go to camp this year. (As a fun note just for 1 reader in particular, this is my 5th calling I've held in the past 15 months.)

As her parting act, our outgoing president got to be there as I received my Young Womanhood Recognition and she put my medallion on my neck for me. I am sad to see these incredible woman move on to new adventures that I don't get to share with them, but am looking forward to working with the new leaders (and rearranged leaders).

Probably the most emotional part of my day was when John told me that he was being switched from Financial Clerk to Membership Clerk. I hadn't realized just how emotionally hard his calling really had been for me until he told me that. I just broke down crying in tears of joy and relief. It's funny how I'm moving to a higher demand calling and am just over the moon about it and feel no stress from it whatsoever, but felt that much stress with John's higher demand calling. I think it's because of how much passion I have for the Young Women program and how much impact it can have on these wonderful girls.

Life is good. Life is so very good.

4 comments:

adrienne said...

I'm guessing that 1 reader is me? Ha, ha, ha! You are just in such high demand they can't keep you in a calling! I hope that you get to stay a long time in this one. You are great! (I'm only on calling #2 and I don't see it changing anytime soon... but stranger things have happened.)

Alana said...

You must be excited that John doesn't have to stay for tithing anymore. Jarrett is the financial clerk in our ward, only more week and then we move.

But I love YW and am sad that we are moving.

Alana said...

you must be excited that he doesn't have to stay and do tithing anymore. Jarrett is the financial clerk in our ward and we only have one more week on that til we move.

But I understand YWs, I love it too.

Christal said...

You are amazing!! Congrats on achieving your goal!! you will do awesome in your new calling. So proud of you and all you are accomplishing you are truly amazing! I love the YW too that is my favorite place to be! love you!