Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eternal Marriage

Today in Relief Society we had a lesson about Eternal Marriage. I have a huge testimony of the importance of having an eternal marriage. I opted to be married in the temple from day 1, which meant that neither of my parents nor my brother were able to see me get married. It was a bit hard to know that I had no family there with me, but I knew that I was being married in the right place and putting the Lord first and that I would be blessed for it. Having an eternal marriage is such a special thing. It's not a partnership between my husband and I, it is a 3 way partnership and covenant between myself, my husband and our Heavenly Father. It's not something to be taken lightly. If I do something that is hurtful or disappointing to my husband, I'm doing the same the to the Lord.

Some people have issues with my priority list, but here are the top three, in order:
1) Heavenly Father
2) My Husband
3) My Kids

I think a lot of people feel that your kids should be first. However, if I am putting things in the order I listed, they never suffer and they will learn in life the things that are truly important. In a world full of moral decay where living a good and clean life is ridiculed, it is SO important to me that they learn how essential it is to have the right priorities and do what's right, no matter what the cost is.

Anyway, this is my rambling on thoughts I had today. Sorry if I've bored you, please remember that this is also my journal at the moment and sometimes I put things in here just for me, so that I'll remember them.

No comments: