Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 On ... Thursday?

1) I am really really homesick. I don't do very well away from John for more than a night or two. Apparently, neither does Brettley. He's been off since John went back home.

2) Caleb left early this morning to go fishing in Papa's boat. I am SO glad he's getting to do this. When I was filling out his spotlight survey for Primary and asked him what his dream holiday (or something like that) was he said "to go fishing with Grandpa Bly in his boat".

3) Brettley has learned to roll over both ways in the last 24 hours. Life is about to get a lot more interesting, I'm sure.

4) Caleb has been loving swimming lessons so much. He has had a wonderful teacher, Brad, who is excellent with young kids. The past two days, Caleb has been the only kid wanting to go in the deep end at the end of class, so he has loved that individual time with his teacher (I think he's missing Daddy, too).

5) I get to see my mum today. She is on holidays in Southern AB as well, so they are making time to come and see us. I'm looking forward to going to Cardston with them. We haven't been there together since my wedding.

6) I find that I only miss having cable for one show, Deadliest Warrior. I got to watch an episode last night and I really miss it, but not enough to pay that outrageous price.

7) We went for a picnic in Waterton Lakes National Park on Monday. It was a beautiful drive. We also got to take the boys to see some wild bison. They kept asking if they were water buffalo (we love Veggie Tales Silly Songs).

8) After getting home on Monday we got to take Caleb to the ER in Raymond. He spiked a fever of 39.3•C and had a sore throat and a cough. With him having chronicly swollen tonsils, I don't take the chance of waiting, we go immediately. Luckily, it's only a viral illness and he's doing a lot better, except for coughing evety 2 seconds during the night.

9) I got to have a really long visit with a good friend last Friday. They used to live in our ward but moved to southern AB rwo years ago. We'd been trying since then to meet up but have had no luck until last week. It was fun and much needed.

10) I miss John. I already said it, but it's so strong that it warrents another mention.

No comments: