1) I just printed out a whole bunch of stuff for a chore jar. I am so excited to use it. Some chores are mandatory, other chores you can choose whether to do them or not but they are paid chores. There are also some wild cards (pick 2 more, put 1 back). Should make things more interesting.
2) I taught in Relief Society on Sunday. We had hardly anyone there and it was kind of a tough crowd. I loved the talk I was teaching from, though. It was LDS Women Are Incredible from Elder Cook at the last General Conference.
3) I came home to such a nice clean and organized bedroom. It felt so nice. John also got some oil to burn that smells like pomegranate and raspberry. YUM!
4) Caleb has started getting in the habit of wearing his Medic Alert bracelet all of the time so it won't be new to him at school. He's allergic to amoxicillin.
5) Brettley has a nasty bout of croup right now and just feels rotten. I feel horrible for him.
6) Caleb and Ty are both looking forward to learning skills over the next year. Ty will be learning things like toilet training and saying prayers by himself. Caleb will be learning things like making sandwiches and clearing & setting the table.
7) Caleb is going to start getting an allowance in October. Of all the suggestions I've read, I like the idea of $1/year of age/month the best. So this year he'll be getting $5 per month. He also has the option of doing the paid chores to earn more.
8) I am SUPER happy to be back home. It was a long few weeks and even though I'm glad that I stayed to give them more time with Grandpa Bly, I won't be doing another trip like that until the boys are a fair bit older.
9) Caleb adored swimming and his teacher. He wants to be a swimming instructor when he gets older. We are going to put him in swimming lessons again during the fall, winter and spring.
10) I love looking at Old Navy's website. There are so many shirts for Caleb that I would love to buy, and quite a few things for myself as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment