I painted my toenails today. It sounds so painfully normal if you don't know me. However, if you do know me then you know that this is something that only occurs once every couple of years, if that. It happened after Ty found my bottle of pink nail polish and decided to paint up his face. I locked the pink bottle in the bathroom, sent Ty to his room, grabbed the bottle of purple polish and went at it. They look so strange, not like my feet because my feet don't have painted toenails...I like it, though. It adds a punch of color, and purple is my color this year (for personal reasons).
I also am liking that my hair is long enough to put up in a pony tail or whatever without needing to be wet first. This is great on sweltering days like today. We have decided to invest in a pair of thinning shears so that I can keep my long hair and not have to pay to have it thinned every 6 weeks or so.
I feel better about the girl thing today. Nothing like reading someone else's post about a tragedy to put things into perspective for you. C wrote about D's cousin losing their 2 year old in a tractor accident on Saturday. I have a 2 year old. As crazy as life is with him, I would be devastated if we lost him. Even though all of my kids have a handle (to quote my FIL), they are still precious to me. I love them and I am so glad that our family is an eternal one.
No comments:
Post a Comment