Monday, July 11, 2011

Health, Magrath and Brettley

This weekend involved a lot of thinking. John and I have decided to really focus on our spiritual health and on our physical health. We have started using Lose It again and will be doing 30 minutes of exercise every week day. What happened to the running you might ask. Well, my hip is not in any condition to handle it right now. I'm hoping that once I lose some weight that I'll be able to handle it, but if not, the main priority is that I'm doing my best to be healthy. In focusing on my spiritual health, I have 1 book left to read in the series I'm working on, and then I will be focusing on just spiritually uplifting books for a few months. At least for the rest of the summer, but probably longer. Also, we will be refocusing on holding FHE every week and will be studying the new Marriage and Family Relations manual from the church. I want the things that I do to be reflective of what's really the most important to me, which would be Heavenly Father, the Savior and my family.

We are excited to head to Magrath late next week. The boys and I will be staying for at least 2 1/2 weeks. Caleb and Ty are enrolled in swimming lessons, which should be lots of fun. We are looking forward to getting to spend lots of time outside and with John's family.

Today Brettley turned 5 months old, adjusted age 3 1/2 months. We are sure that he is at least past the 4 month mark in development now. He had his first meal of rice cereal yesterday. He has been acting hungry shortly after downing a whole bottle of formula, so we decided to give it a try. He seemed to enjoy it and didn't fuss at all. He would have sat nice in his high chair, but John and I find it easier to have someone hold the baby the first time they try baby food. He'll be back in the high chair tonight.

No comments: