Monday, September 29, 2008

Only 4 More Weeks, ACK!

It's really starting to hit me that I have less than a month and this baby will be here. It's a really bittersweet thought, actually. I'm looking forward to actually holding him in my arms instead of being kicked in the ribs and all that, but at the same time I can't help but to worry if I will be able to handle being a mom of two. Will I still be able to give Caleb the attention he needs? Will I be able to do that for Caleb and still give Tyrell what he needs? How do moms of more than one kid manage? I mean, I'm sure there's some natural instinct that kicks in when you need it, like with caring for a newborn when you've never done that before, but I'm a natural worrier, so here I sit hoping that somehow it will manage to work itself out when the time comes.

Caleb had a really good birthday. He ate LOTS of roast beef, which is unusual for him so I guess I did a really good job on this one. He's normally not a big meat eater. Almost every single present he got had something to do with Cars, so he was very happy about that.


On Saturday evening I was able to listen to the Relief Society broadcast. I just watched over the internet so I didn't have to go and shift uncomfortably in a chair when it wasn't necessary. John kept Caleb occupied downstairs. I really enjoyed the talks and felt really motivated by them. I'm looking forward to General Conference even more now that I've listened to the broadcast.

Not too much else is new here. My back has been better the last couple of days except for at bedtime and during the night, but I'm at least able to move around a lot more comfortably during the day, which has been a great blessing to me. I've also been having a lot more positive of an attitude the last few days and that really seems to be helping a lot. I'm not too sure where it came from, probably because I've been reading more scriptures each day than I used to. My whole attitude changes when I start putting more of an effort into doing the things that I should be doing, which is a reminder to me that Heavenly Father does indeed bless us when we try our hardest to be obedient to His commandments.

Anyways, we're on weekly doctor appointments now. I have one this Wednesday and then I'm really looking forward to next Thursday's because that's when I go to stay in Wainwright until I have the baby. Just over a week and I'll be leaving our house for the last time as a mum of one. I managed to finally get Tyrell's room clean, and then John put more empty boxes in there, lol, so he'll have to take those out tonight. Anywho, that's about all for now:)

No comments: