Monday, September 8, 2008

7 Weeks to Go, YAY!

What a rough couple of weeks. My back and hips were getting worse by the day and I was able to do less and less for Caleb, which really sucked! So on Friday we were out shopping for a church outfit for the baby and some sewing thread when we noticed that Caleb's eyes were really gross and goopy. Since he had his 2 year check up scheaduled with the doctor for the next morning, we decided to wait until then.

Well, turns out he has pink eye, which I was pretty sure he did anyways, but other than the pink eye the doctor said he's doing great. On the way there we were trying to get him to say the doctor's name (Doctor Jackman), but all we got out of him was 'Doctor Batman', ha ha, he's so cute sometimes. John got his blood pressure checked again since it was really high a couple of months ago and he was supposed to be getting it down or he'd have to go on pills for it. Happily, it was right back to a normal range, YAY! I guess the exercise is REALLY doing him some good.

He's been exercising 6 days a week for the last couple of weeks. I think the biggest motivation is that he gets $0.50 put into a container every time he exercises and has to take $0.50 out if he misses exercising without a good reason, so he's saving up for Wii games. He also gets and extra $0.50 from me if he does all 6 days in a week and an extra $2.00 from my mum for the same thing, so he's super motivated now.

So after I picked up Caleb's antibiotic drops, we went to Healthcare Solutions and I finally invested in a maternity support belt. That was probably the best $70 I've ever spent in my life. The difference with it on is so amazing. I'm able to stand long enough to do dishes again, walking up the stairs doesn't make me cringe in pain anymore and most importantly, I'm able to sleep without having to take the Tylenol 4s. That's a good thing since I think I was actually getting hooked on the codeine. I've has tummy problems and cold sweats the last 2 nights since I stopped taking them. I'm hoping it's out of my system now, though.

So since Caleb has pink eye, we knew I'd have to stay home from church with him since it wouldn't be 24 hours since he started his medication. John was still going to go and he was going to teach my primary lesson as well. As luck would have it, right before John was about to leave for church, I started getting WICKED nasty pains in my lower abdomen. Since the baby has an umblical cord condition that gives him a 20% chance of being premature, I of course started worrying like mad and John ended up staying home to take care of Caleb while I was having the pains and in case I needed to get to the hospital. Luckily, they went away and haven't come back since, but it was still quite a big scare. My brother came over for supper, which is always fun. We had roast beef, baked potatoes and veggies. He horsed around with Caleb a lot, which Caleb absolutely loved. Caleb is a big fan of his Uncle Kyle, they have lots of laughs together.

Anyways, so that's about all that's new here, really. Now I'm really looking forward to having only 7 weeks left of pregnancy, at the most. However, at the same time I'm really nervous to have a new baby again. I'm sure that will disappear as soon as I hold him in my arms, here's hoping...

1 comment:

The Gibb Family said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better! Hopefully that makes the last few weeks just fly by! haha! I'm getting excited for your little baby too - he's going to be such a cutie!