Monday, September 22, 2008

5 More Weeks, At The Most

Not a lot of exciting news for the first part of last week. On Wednesday I had Enrichment and it was good. It helped me get ideas of things to do with Caleb and things I can use in the future to help teach him things and help him in school. I love learning ideas and skills that I will actually use, so this was a great Enrichment for me.

Thursday I had an appointment in Wainwright, so we headed down there for the day. I got my eyebrows waxed, which my mum paid for the day before so it didn't cost me anything, which was a very nice surprise. My appointment with my doctor was short, but I was happy because he said the baby is still doing very well, it's just me that's having all of the problems and that he will for sure induce me at 38 weeks if I haven't had the baby on my own by then. I've been really worried about the baby since we found out that he has only one artery in his umbilical cord, but the ultrasound tech and doctor both have said that he's growing right on schedule and haven't seen any problems, so that's really good news. That evening we had a dinner party for Caleb with my mum and step-dad, since his birthday is this coming Thursday. Mum made lasagna for us for supper, it was so yummy. We had chocolate cupcakes for dessert, which Caleb had a LOT of fun with and then we opened his presents. Almost everything he got from my mum, Bob, Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Shirley and Uncle Jerry was Cars. That word is fast becoming a 4 letter word in this house. I am SO tired of Cars, but he absolutely LOVES the movie, the toys, the clothes and anything that's considered a vehicle.

Saturday night I started getting contactions that were about 20 minutes apart, and I got REALLY worried since a complication with this umbilical cord issue is that 1 in every 5 babies that have it are born prematurely. After about an hour and a half I had John give me a blessing and the contractions stopped, YAY! I love having the priesthood in my home, it is such a huge blessing. But now I'm really worried about taking care of Caleb when things like this are happening, not to mention that my back and hips have hit an all new level of pain. And yesterday I was informed that there apparently isn't anyone in Relief Society who is able to take him for a whole day, which basically junks me over since I can't drive him anywhere to be watched for a couple of hours, so I guess I'm up a creek without a paddle.

Today hasn't been a very good day at all so far, and it's not even 7:30 yet. I woke up with a sore, swollen throat and I'm also pretty sure I have a bladder infection. John can't take any time off of work right now because they're working on some huge project that has to be done by the end of the month and they're really worried that it won't get done in time, so not only is he NEEDED at work, he's also working overtime right now. It's days like this where I am so jealous of my sister-in-law, who lives next door to her retired parents and has help available in situations like this. I have already called my dad though and he is going to try to at least get a couple of hours off to get me in to see a doctor this morning, so hopefully we'll be able to get that worked out. I'm also supposed to be watching Brenna for a few hours today as well, so I hope I can get to the medicentre and lab and back home in time to watch her. I AM SO SICK OF THIS PREGNANCY!!! I feel awful, I should be grateful that I can even have children, but this has been an awful time for me. I feel bad because Caleb's needs are being neglected because I just can't do much for him, my house looks like crap all of the time because even doing 1 days dishes sends my back into severe pain mode and John is working overtime so he just doesn't have the time to help me out. At least I only have 5 weeks to go, at the most. I think that's the only thought that's keeping me going right now. Anyways, sorry for the complaining and ranting, I'm at my wit's end and at a total loss of how to deal with it anymore.

PS
Sorry for the ranting, I had an awful morning. Anyways, I went to the Dr and got some antibiotics, so I should be at least somewhat improved by this time tomorrow. 35 more days, YAY:)

No comments: