Monday, May 26, 2008

Sore Throats in Magrath

So Caleb and I have been in Magrath for well over a week now. It's been kind of rainy, but it started clearing up last night, so that's nice. I took Caleb for a walk today in Amy's jogging stroller and I LOVE how well it handles. I may have to get one for myself:P So anyways, on Tuesday Caleb started running a fever and I couldn't keep it down for more than an hour, even alternating between Motrin and Tylenol so that night I took him to the emergency room in Raymond. Turns out he had tonsillitis, the poor kid. He wasn't eating or drinking much of anything that day, it was so hard to see him like that. So I held him all night while we slept and that seemed to keep him calm. After a couple days of medicine, cuddling and forcing liquids into him he got back to his old self. Then Saturday night my throat started hurting and I thought, "Oh crap, this is not good". So by Sunday evening it was worse and I went back to Emerg in Raymond. Turns out the problem in my throat is just a viral infection, so the doctor just gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3s for the pain. They seem to be working. Hopefully this'll clear up tomorrow or Wednesday. It's been nice being able to visit with John's family again though. I fell in love with a lot that's for sale in town right now, but there's no use in us buying a lot when he have no clue when we'd be able to build on it, so we're sticking with our original plan of eventually subdividing Amy's lot and building our house there. I ordered some FHE packets tonight from www.craftycopies.com and I'm looking forward to getting those. I purchased:
Plan of Salvation
Being not of the World
Honoring your Parents
Love at Home AND
Sunday is a special day.
Amy has a whole box full of these type of lessons and I think they're great, so I'm going to try to build up a collection of my own. Other than that, not too much else is new. The baby is growing and I can occasionally feel her kicking, it's so exciting! I'm looking forward to getting some more sun and fresh air over the next few days and then our trip to the Calgary Zoo this coming Saturday. My brother, his girlfriend and John's parents are coming with us as well, so it should be lots of fun:)

No comments: