Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I heard the baby, YAY:)
So Sunday wasn't bad Mother's Day wise. John gave me 2 cards and Caleb gave me a card. I didn't get a present that day because they gave me my present a few weeks ago (a 2GB iPod). John ended up staying with us for most of that day instead of heading home the night before like he had planned to. The down side was how we spent that day. We went to my Grandma and Grandpa's place. They had just signed papers for selling their farm 2 days before that, so I knew that this might be the last time I got to go out to the farm. So my mum, stepdad, John, Caleb, my brother and I all piled into my mum's new van. I don't like it to begin with, I think it looks like a box. My brother and I were in the very back and because John was in front of me, I didn't exactly have a lot of leg room. But we watched Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition), so that helped to keep my mind occupied. Once we got to the farm it was clear that it was going to be a very long day and I would have to use every ounce of patience I had within me. My grandparents are obviously regretting that they are selling the farm. It kind of makes sense, that's the only home my grandpa has ever known and my grandma has been there since they got married, so they have a VERY deep attachment to it. But they are being impossible sellers, and it was so annoying to listen to them complain about EVERYTHING to do with the sale and the sellers. Then they did things that deeply hurt my mum and my favourite uncle (my mum has 4 brothers and no sisters), so that put me in an even worse mood because I felt so bad for them. Then we piled back into the van for another uncomfortable 2 1/2 hours. Basically, it was not the enjoyable day at the farm that I was hoping it would be. I'm just glad that I don't have to go back out there again if I don't want to. It was WAY stressful for me. However, yesterday was really good. I had my second prenatal appointment and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and hear her moving around (I'm still certain it's a girl even though my ultrasound isn't until June 9th). It was so nice to be reminded that I'm not so tired and sick for nothing, but that there is a wonderful baby growing inside of me. I'm so excited to hear the baby again next month. I ended up losing a kg this last month (oops), but I guess that's what happens when you combine morning sickness and a really nasty cold. I'm sure it won't happen again this month. The doctor said the baby is doing well and growing great, so that's good news. Then Caleb and I came home last night. He was so happy to be home and see his own toys again. And I was VERY happy to sleep in my own bed again last night. Now we have to pack over the next couple of days for our next grand adventure, the trip to Magrath. I'm very excited for it:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment