Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My First Blog on Blogspot

So I used to avidly blog on my MSN space until I had a huge falling out with a supposed friend who completely degraded me to one of my best friends and then that best friend and I quit blogging on there, it was just easier on both of us. Then I heard about blogspot because my friend, Alana, is on here, but she also told me that the lady who adopted my first born is on here too, so I was pretty scared to join. But finally I decided, what the heck, I'm going to go for it anyways. I'm welcoming any comments from anyone, including the wonderful woman who is the mother of the first child I gave life to (she is amazing and L is lucky to be her daughter) should she ever come across this blog.
So here is an introduction to who I am. My name is Nicole Bly, but I strongly prefer to be called Nikki. I'm 23 years old and a full-time homemaker. I currently live in Edmonton, AB, Canada although my husband just put in two applications for the Lethbridge, AB area. His family is from Magrath and it's always been our intention to end up around his family and in an area where our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) is very strong. I would feel so much safer raising my kids there than in Edmonton *shudders*. I was born in Digby, NS, Canada on October 5 and I was the first child. We moved to Penhold, AB 18 months later. A year after we moved to Penhold my brother was born, my only full sibling. His name is Kyle and he is amazing, I love him very much. When I was 5 my parents split up and just over 4 years later we moved to Wainwright, AB. Where I spent the rest of my school years, with the exception of grade 11 which was spent in Lethbridge, AB. Both of my parents were in the military and both are now retired and working FOR the military. I guess it's like a black hole:P
A month after I finished grade 12 my mum married her significant other of 6 years, Bob. With this I also gained a step-sister, Kirby, who is 6 months younger than me. After a year of working I spent a few months living with my dad in Edmonton before going back to Wainwright (there's another black hole if I ever saw one). I lived there until April 2005, when I moved up to Grande Prairie to live with some friends. At that point I'd been a member of my Church for 10 months and had placed my beautiful girl for adoption 8 months before the move. The next month, in Grande Prairie, I met the man who was to become my husband. John and I became very good friends through activities with the Young Single Adults in our ward. We became engaged on September 6th, 2005 and were married in the Cardston Alberta Temple on Dec 31, 2005. We lived in Grande Praire for about 2 more months and then moved to Edmonton. About 7 months later we had an early arrival, Caleb Rodney Bly. He is a wonderful child who is so full of energy. He loves life and runs at it full speed, head on. We are now expecting another baby sometime in October, so my last few months have been spent trying not to get sick all over the place. My body doesn't handle pregnancy very well. So that is me, in a nutshell.

No comments: