Well, the kids are officially back to school. We opted for them to come home for lunches this year to save us the $300 lunch fee to be allowed to eat at the school. They will still do breakfast club when it starts up on 15 September, though. They enjoy the break in the middle of the day and Brettley likes getting to play at the playground when we walk them back.
Ty got the most patient teacher I've ever seen and I'm really excited to see how well he'll do with her. He loves school and has been working on his sight words at home so he's finally on his way to learning to read. He loves getting to high five his words when he reads them correctly on his own.
Caleb's teacher and I talked yesterday and she is so understanding and receptive about his challenges with his emotions and the things we'd like to happen in the classroom to help with the situation. I'm very happy with her. Today was day 2 and he has already forgotten his sweater at the playground and his book pouch in his desk. *sigh*
Today was the first day I had Brettley during the school day. He was at my dad's yesterday. Today he was finally brave enough to play in the toy area in the basement by himself without anyone down there and he had a blast. He helped me make supper and cut veggies for John and was very happy to snack on some veggies of his own.
School is back, hallelujah! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment