L was baptized on Saturday. Over 8 years ago I knew that one of the reasons I made the decision that I did was so that when she turned 8, she could be baptized by her dad, which is exactly what happened. No matter how much it has hurt at times through the past 8 years, I know in my heart that the experience she had this weekend is exactly what I wanted for her when I did the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. She is amazing, her parents are amazing and they deserve all of the happiness in the world.
I know that D is a man that respects the priesthood he holds. I've felt it as he placed his hands on my head the day I placed L in C's arms when he gave me a blessing that I've thought back on many times. I'm so grateful that she is being raised in a home with such a wonderful father and priesthood holder and by a mother that is so awesome that I can't even put it all in to words. The love and gratitude that I have for C is beyond description and she will never fully know how much I admire her. When it comes down to it, I think these feelings are what adoption should really be about. I don't feel resentment, I feel love and admiration. I feel gratitude beyond anything I can ever express. These 3 people hold a special place in my heart that I go to at least once every day. I am so proud of L for making the choice to be baptized. That beautiful girl never fails to make me grateful to have had a hand in bringing her here to share her life with such an amazing family.
No comments:
Post a Comment