Monday, September 17, 2012

I'll Pretend You Didn't Just Say That

Brettley had an appointment with his opthalmologist this morning. We had assumed we'd be getting a date for his second surgery. Instead we're getting sent for an MRI. When John texted that to me, my body just kind of froze and I wanted to pretend that I hadn't just read that. In the back of my mind I've known for a long time that at some point we were going to have to have one. He's 8 months behind in a lot of developmental areas and his eyes reverted back a lot more after the surgery than the doctor had expected. Therefore, we need to know if there's an underlying factor behind all of this, which his pediatrician considered earlier in the year as well. I'm terrified. About what this could mean for Brett, and for all of us as a family. It's been a pretty stressful day and I'm really grateful that I will have a chance to go to the temple tomorrow evening with the youth and find the peace that comes when I'm in the temple. I can't imagine handling any of this without the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful for it.

1 comment:

Christal said...

Hang in there I felt the same way when they told me karsen had to have one and it all turned out just fine not saying everyones will but the Lord knows what we can handle right your in our prays:) love you!

ps. Beautiful post below made me cry i'm going to copy and paste it if thats alright with you and post it in her special book:)

pps pictures are into LDSFS :) as of yesterday! I put them all on a disk this time {but had a hard time getting it to burn then it added all of karsen's from his yearly ones to his birth parents I went through every single one and had hoped I got them all off but it didn't there are a few that are of him sorry:) I tried to get them all off!

Love the temple, the peace and beauty of it all enjoy it feel it and take it home with you....all things will work out:) You are a great example to so many, a great mother and you have an amazing testimony hang in there!! Your in our prayers everyday!!