I'm in the middle of planning our April menu, which will happen to be Gluten free and Casein (basically dairy) free. I don't think it's actually going to be as hard as I'd originally thought it would be. A lot of our recipes can be adapted and we just got a cookbook today with some super yummy sounding ideas for new meals.
So the reason why we're going GFCF is because Ty has pretty much every single symptom of ADHD and has been getting worse instead of better with age. I've heard so much about how going GFCF can make such huge improvements with this so we both thought "What can it hurt?". We still have to find a really good multivitamin for the kids to take, though. My kids can be really picky eaters, so I want to make sure they're getting a good amount of vitamins, especially the calcium.
I'm about 20% nervous (kids' reactions, cost, etc) and 80% excited. We plan on giving it a good 4 months trial to see if it makes a difference with him, and then if it doesn't work, we'll take it from there.
The only problem with this is...I still need cow's milk for Brettley. I'm sure there are other options out there, but I'm not rocking the boat with him. My issue is trying to figure out how to keep the kids out of his milk when I'm not looking. Fridge locks don't work in our house, they either figure them out or bust them off. Oh well, I'm sure we'll think of something.
No comments:
Post a Comment