Last night we went out to friends/family's house to ring in the new year after a nice supper at home. It was a great day all around and we really enjoyed getting out of the house without kids. On the way home John made a comment that really stuck with me. He said that other than briefly during our engagement and maybe the first month of our marriage, these past couple of months have been the first time he's really seen the real me. It made sense. As soon as I got pregnant with Caleb I got sick and since then we've been shuffling between sick and in severe pain during pregnancy, postpartum depression and bipolar. It wasn't an easy thing to go through, so I'm sure it wasn't easy for John to live with, but he stuck by my side through it all. So many people have told me how much of a difference my losing weight has made for me. I'm really enjoying how much better I feel.
I have mixed feelings about 2011. It didn't get off to the best start. I was having a very tough time with my pregnancy and bipolar and ended up having Brettley 7 weeks early. I had to leave a hospital without a baby for a second time and wasn't allowed to be left without another adult for over a week after that because it was so hard on me. My heart was torn for weeks between home and the NICU.
Most of the year was just kind of there. I'm pretty indifferent to a lot of it. However, the past few months have been wonderful. Losing weight and having that be such a huge load off of my disorder has been amazing. Finding out that there's still a baby girl waiting to come to us in a few years meant more to me than I'll ever be able to express.
So there have been some really hard things that I went through in 2011, but some really wonderful things have happened as well. I guess the main thing is that I'm looking forward to getting even healthier in 2012 and trying to become an even better person. I'm also looking forward to my only sibling getting married.
I accomplished 6 of my 11 goals for 2011 that I set early in the year, which is technically a pass. I also came close to accomplishing another. So here are my 12 goals for 2012:
1) Reach my goal weight and maintain it.
2) Take the kids to the park at least once every other week during the summer.
3) Go to Wainmo for a visit (I haven't been there in over 18 months).
4) Teach Brettley to sit on his own.
5) Go to the temple every month.
6) Hold FHE every week.
7) Buy all of Caleb's school supplies before the end of July.
8) Read the New Testament and the Book of Mormon all the way through.
9) Make it through the year without having a relapse.
10) Take more care with my appearance.
11) Start saving to go to Utah again.
12) Put more effort into exercising.
1 comment:
Love the goals and how well you are doing. I received your email. I was soooo sick over Christmas. I will try to e-mail you over the next week. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment