Young Women's camp was lots of fun, even though my arms and face got a bit crispy. It rained a lot that night, but I find rain relaxing and I love it, so it was all good.
On Thursday morning, we were very sad to leave Nate, Heidi and Addie's place. Caleb was especially sad, I think he really enjoyed having Addie to play with. We met up with my friend, Erin, who I'd never actually met in person before. We went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, UT. Caleb really enjoyed it. I think his favourite things were the jelleyfish, even though they had penguins. Ty seemed to really like the penguins, though. We bought them each a stuffed animal from there. Caleb wanted a shark, which we named Bruce, and Ty fell in love with a penguin, which John named Pengu. Then we went for lunch in Bountiful and I got to see the beautiful temple there. We also played at Erin's house for a bit.
Oh, and I bought the best diaper pail EVER that day. It's called a Diaper Champ. My add-ons are disabled and we can't figure out how to enable them again, or I would have added the link directly, but here is the address: http://www.babytrend.com/diaper_champ/DC50500.html
I went to a few classes on the first day of the FSA conference, and they were really good. We also went to the awards banquet (which had super yummy food including brie and herb stuffed filet mignon) and I went the the birth families mingle, which was cool because I got to meet other birth parents. I'm kind of sheltered up here in Edmonton without a group up here. I also got to meet Jill from The Happiest Sad and let her know that I read and enjoy her blog. So if you're reading this, "Hi Jill!" The next day I just showed up for the panel, since I was so nervous about it. I told a VERY brief overview of my story and then we answered some questions. Once it got started, I lost my nerves and the only hard part for me was suppressing a coughing fit while I was so close to microphones. We left right after the panel was done, because that was when my tears really hit me. I'm sure pregnancy hormones weren't helping very much, either.
That night we drove up to Pocatello and stayed in the grossest Ramada ever. We definately would have gone somewhere else if the hotel room hadn't been prepaid. It was not fun. We were up again early and went and met John's dad in Great Falls, returned the rental van and headed the rest of the way up to Magrath. Yesterday, we made the rest of the trip back home (in John's parents' van and without Caleb as he's staying down there for the week).
Anyways, I'd better publish this before my computer dies on me again. Hope you have a wonderful week:)
2 comments:
Totally laughing as my sister has the same diaper pail and she loves it too
Sounds like a fun trip
I am reading! Hi, Nikki! :-)
You did awesome, by the way, at the FSA conference. Yay, you!
Post a Comment